The Nova Scotia
Social Studies Teachers Association Education Scholarship
The SSTA Education Scholarship was established in 1992 to offer financial assistance to a student enrolled in a B.Ed program who intends to teach social studies in the province of Nova Scotia.
1. The scholarship must be given to a student who has been accepted into the education program of a recognized school, where social studies is their primary teaching field. It does not apply to a student enrolled in a graduate program such as PhD, M.A., M.Ed.
2. The recipient of the scholarship must have attended school in Nova Scotia and intends to teach in this province.
3. The recipient of the scholarship must have a solid academic record, and have demonstrated an active involvement in the field of social studies.
4. The application must include a reference letter from a professor in the B.Ed program, curriculum vitae, applicant essay, and an unofficial transcript of marks, to be forwarded to the Awards Chair and the Executive will make the final decision.
5. There will be one scholarship of a maximum $500.00 awarded in 2011. The award will be made payable to both the recipient and the educational institution in which the individual is enrolled. The SSTA Awards Committee reserves the right to make awards and to adjust the number and values of awards annually.
6. The Awards Chair shall present a short list of candidates for selection by the executive of the SSTA.
7. The Committee reserves the right not to make the award in any given year.
8. Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1st.
A stock application form will be provided. For further information, contact the Awards Chair.
Please refer to our website for an application form and further details: http://ssta.ednet.ns.ca
Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards site: http://ssta.ednet.ns.ca/Awards_funds/Award_table.htm